Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Say Goodbye to Yesterday

How many years can I still live for?

I participate in my church caroling team. Singing has always been a difficult task for me, but I still give it a try. Knowing to be the youngest adult in the caroling group, I feel so much overwhelmed with how much I have grown. I'm no longer a kid. I'm never gonna be a kid anymore. 

Talking about aging, it's always two types of accepting your age, embracing wholeheartedly, or you can be worrying about it. 
I used to think that I'm still a kid who can throw tantrum, who still can use the excuse of mood swinging. But no, I'm never going back to the stage. I have to live. If there's no tomorrow, I live for today.

Humans can be a bit depressed when it comes to the year end. They find out how much they have spent for the year through reorganizing their belongings. Like me, I just checked out how many pieces of clothes I have bought. I'm pretty amazed with the fact, because I bought too many. It's a sad fact, because I know I have to correct myself so that I won't allocate much money on clothing next year. 

2015 was not a difficult year compared to 2014. My overall intellectual level has not risen this year ( I think so ). But I have jumped out from my comfort zone and met lots of new people with my awkward personality. There are lots of times when I was ignored by people when I say a HI. Despite of the ignore by people, I still did it. I think that's the 2015 Elisa, who broke her records of getting new friends herself. 

Another big improvement I did was getting closer to God. This couldn't be done without the encouragement of my brothers and sisters in Christ. I thank God for this! 

There's just never going to repeat what had happened yesterday.
Growing is the grace of God.
Getting old is the blessing of God.
I thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment