Sunday, July 19, 2015

My Hometown.

It's not a lovely idea when you plan to be separated with your parents, especially when you have depended a lot on your parents.


Mama and Papa at the beach.


No, the idea has never come across my mind. I'm feeling pretty nervous and melancholic when I tell myself, I won't be seeing my dearly parents for the next few months. It was as if I'm going inside an oven, saying goodbye, and being heated till I get a ticket to go home. I miss home, even, when I'm now at home.

We have got a big house here, over Bintulu. It is a super new house. A mansion, I would say. The garden is not as big as I imagined. But if you would like to have a bicycle race with me, sure, we could ride around the house. The living room is where I'm sitting right now, it is filled with Disney's channel's sounds, and of course, the typing sound that I'm making right now. Quite often you'll hear car or motorbike pass by the road in front of my house. It's a big and warm house.

I would say a place doesn't have a great meaning. It's the people there who make the place a memory. People, beach, houses, and coffee shops, are parts of my memory of Bintulu. I tell you what, almost everyone knows each other here ( except the fact that my sis and I are the only ones who know fewer people that the others do ). Coffee shops are where we meet people. Different coffee shops, sell the same things over and over again. The thick classic Foo Chow smell of the noodle, just makes me want to have some bites. Because too much of it would just create the fat feeling that I always have after eating noodles. And that's how the noodles give me, the fulfillment and of course, the memory that I'd never forget even if I had amnesia.

The people, especially my extended family, they are lovely. They speak in a strong thick Sarawakian accent, which makes me feel like laughing whenever I hear them speaking English. I thought of who I was before I moved to west Malaysia. I was having the same accent as them too. And now, I will just enjoy the accent they have, as if I really have lived in Bintulu for my whole life time. My church friends! I nearly forget them. Actually, I don't have much church friends here. But I just made two friends yesterday. I attended the Youth in the church. I got the feeling of being new in my hometown, but actually I'm so much older than them. I experience how much God has given me. I would never be who I'm if I didn't move to west Malaysia before. And that gives me different identities. However, I'm still proudly saying that I'M A SARAWAKIAN.

I guess that's how I'm gonna miss this place, though I'll come back in few months time. I guess, God has really blessed everyone here in Bintulu, where love and harmony are bounded in every corner. It's so good, as so nice.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment