Friday, January 30, 2015

Eyes still smile from cheeks

People say college life can be stressful, it can also be stressful.



Life is getting more and more colourful.


I find this statement so true to me. MCKL is a Christian college. I'm really grateful that I'm studying and spending one year of my life in this college. 

Well, it's not an emotional time now. So, yea. I think a lot, recently. My brain can't stop thinking. I think about how people interact with each other. How people really get resonance through some of the topics.



Smile. 
Credits to my professional photographer. 


I smile everyday, even to the college guards. I really respect the guards. Imagine you have to stand and walk around to a place again and again to make sure everyone is safe. I partially understand how they feel, because I felt this while protecting my group balloon from being popped in the camp. The adrenaline level in my blood increased and made me stayed in the condition of flight and fight. For the guards, they have to do that everyday. Salute! 

About how amazing things in the world have happened, I tell you, I encountered this. Brickfields street is where I always walk on, in order to go to my college. The mixture of touching, joy, fear and scared can really be seen on this road. 

On the first day of being a student in MCKL, my sis and I went to NU central from MCKL. Both of us really made the effort of going NU central just for a lunch. We had our bags on our shoulders, started all the way from MCKL. There were a lot of crossing roads, therefore, we tended to wait for the red man turned green. Well, there were this group of students from MCKL too. Well, red man turned green. All of us crossed the road. I was too selfish to see what happened in ( on? Haha English is too bad ) the surroundings. My sis crossed the road. But I couldn't find her. I looked and looked. Just realised she was with a guy!

A guy with a stick. He wasn't able to see clearly. At that point, I knew he was blessed to be the really physically unique one. So, I walked towards them. I asked Emily what had happened. Well, then I knew the guy was lost, couldn't get back to the blind organisation opposite my college. He was really lost. He just stood there and no one guided him. He is lost! Emily spoke English to him but he wasn't able to speak English fluently, but just two three words once. Thank God, sis and I speak Chinese. So, we switched. Yes, we got what he meant, because he spoke Chinese! 

We guided him back to the blind organization, through some really weird conversation. Funny thing was that sis did a lot of gestures to ask him where he wanted to go. I was like, HE CAN'T SEE, I spoke to myself in my heart, hoping that sis understand. Well, at last, we managed to send him back. This was a really good experience.

It's kind of cool how the physically blessed people ( like the guy ) have the bravery to walk without seeing anything. They have this little faith in their heart of which non of you who is reading this can fully understand. Well, this includes me too! The way the guy trusted my sis and I, I really salute. I can't really believe that how, people nowadays, can't really trust people around them, and yet this blessed fellow trusted us. In my heart, the guiltiness level rises, because I'm always too focused on my own, on what I want to do, on my life goals. 


We are born with different abilities. 
We are in different circumstances.
We have to help each other.
To be more united.
To share the love and joy.

Elisa Jean O

No comments:

Post a Comment