Saturday, December 25, 2021

Solitude in Bintulu

 I have spent nearly 20 days in Bintulu, with first week staying at my cousin's, second week with my elder sister and dad and the third week with dad and meeting some relatives. Throughout these few days, I have been working on my masters assignments, one after another. I also stop using Instagram for a few days from now. I finished reading a book by Cal Deport, namely "Digital Minimalism" this morning. 

First, I want to jot down how I could have the chance to speak to my cousin, whom I barely even talked to ever since I know what math is. We talked for more than 2.5 hours in a cafe. I regained insight of how an introvert thinks, and how there are still people like him who are still passionate about pursuing career, and seeking for possibilities in life. I wouldn't have reflected on this if not of this conversation. 

I enjoy the quietness in Bintulu, with just birds chirping outside in the morning, without the constant noise from TV or my dad's church's sermon. I realise there are just more to Instagram, more to just Facebook, more to just video call. There are more than just all these social media activities. I want to stop using those useless Facebook feed activities or watching my friends' instagram stories, and being envious about their lives. 

It is a day to remember who Jesus is, and why he is here, with us today. Many times, I just ignore how Jesus has died on the cross, and never remember how I should watch out how I talk (only praise the Lord with my lips). There are just too much to be learned, too much to be known, to much to be humbled and receive wisdom from the Lord. 

Being alone and rest my brain from any inputs of media is good. I am trying hard to stop the addiction of social media. The Lord will help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment