Thursday, August 24, 2017

The winter that rains.

It has been a while since I last wrote a blog post. 

It is coming to the end of Australia's winter. I felt that the time passes fast. I am half way through my bachelor degree. 

Being an international student is not easy. Accepting people entering my life and leaving are not something new to me. Sometimes I am numb with it. Some people are meant to be together. 

I could still remember how my ex-housemate moved to her new apartment without saying goodbye. She left me tearing in my bed silently (but yes, she was just too busy with moving house, we still love each other and talk). Some friendships build deeper than some others. 

I used to walk back from uni to home, alone in the darkness. I stayed somewhere nearer to uni that time. I loved and hated the feeling of walking alone. I always gazed at the sky, the sky that goes dark after 5PM. Jimmy, a senpai of mine used to tell me this, 'when you see the sky is pinkish colour at night, it is a sign that the night is going to be a rainy night'. The pink was the kind of pink that mixed with grey colour, a bit of red highlighting the sky. The beautiful thing always has an impressive prelude. 

How amazing that God has drawn a nice piece of art! All these while I have been watching the night alone, yes, with God.

I like it when the raining sound starts playing after I switch off my light at night. I will lie on my bed, make sure that every of my toe is covered with the thick bed sheet. I will keep quiet and close my eyes, listening to the rain dancing outside the house. I like it very much. There is a sense of peace and calmness in my heart, knowing that the house is strong enough to withstand the rain, that the wind will never blow through the balcony door, that I will sleep soundly and wake up feeling energised for the next day. 


Sometimes the rain dances until the dawn. They take a rest when I am awaken. I will turn my head and look at the clear balcony door of mine. The rain drops adhere themselves on the other side of the door. 

'They will go back to where they belong', I say it in my head.  

X

No comments:

Post a Comment