Friday, January 8, 2016

I GOT ACCEPTED

It's 2016.

It's been a week since the first day of new year, I guess there are lots of people busy going through their hectic lifestyles. 
I'm thankful that I still have this so called long holidays before I start my Year 1 in university. I'm very excited to join my university, I can't wait to make new friends and crunch new books. 

Looking back when I was so anxious applying for the university, I felt like laughing at myself. I was worried about the rejection from the university. I was embarrassed about my results because I didn't expect it to be so bad ( but I'm still glad that my course doesn't have high requirement ). 

I used to regret about my career choice. I thought it was the worst thing I had got in my life. I watched Marvel cartoon a couple of days ago. It reminded me of the Marvel movie that I watched with my friends. Unlike the others who discussed about the super power and how wonderfully violent the movie turned out, I was amazed by the intelligence that the writer of the Marvel put into his characters. The whole movie had emphasised the importance of scientists and engineers.

I have literally a family full with physics geeks. I do have father and sisters, brother-in-laws who are engineers! Imagine every time when we have family dinner, the whole family talks about physics. That is literally happening in my family.

Apart from that, I felt really pressured to persue my career. Being the only non-science family member, I felt ashamed. I felt like as if I'm illiterate. God knows everyone has different ways in life. I understand that. I try hard to remember what I have learnt in the past 2 years when physics was my glory. 



***

The day when I got an email saying that I was accepted by my current university, I was so delighted! I couldn't imagine what I would be if I was not accepted. For your information, I only applied to one university. I had the whole world of time to apply for different universities, but I chose to apply for one. Yes, that's me. The silly one who risked herself to worry.

So, here's a quick update. I'm studying a business degree. It's a fun degree I guess. From the course outline, I find it interesting and a bit professional. I like it very much. X

No comments:

Post a Comment