Sunday, December 1, 2013

December

I'm writing this post. Yeas. Currently. Do you know what is the meaning of treasure? I bet you know. Because your English is better than mine. Haha. Currently, now, is the first day of December. Instead of looking back what I've done in November, it is really disappointing. Ok, never mind, we look forward. This is the new month.



Well, currently I'm reading Konserto Terakhir by Abdullah Hussain. This book is written by a Malay, who I don't really know. This is not an English book, but a Melayu language book. This book is also my this subject Bahasa Melayu's literature. I simply don't like this subject, I suffer a lot by just studying this subject. It is not hard to speak in Melayu as this language is spoken by the Malays who I think they're quite friendly. So, there was once I had to do Bahasa Melayu's aural. I seldom speak use this language so I just simply talked about something about my school ( because I got the topic of What do you think about your secondary school ?). Then, I spoke not fluently, but I personally thought it was better than using English. Sigh. 

Yea. So, this Konserto Terakhir is about a young man whose name is Hilmi. He was a Malay from the countryside ( in Bahasa Melayu, countryside means kampung ). He came to the city to get a job. However, he only had his education level until standard 4, which considered that he could not get a well- paid job. In the city, he stayed in his uncle's house. His auntie was not friendly as his auntie was one of the people who didn't like people who was not educated. So, he was having hard time getting a job. However, he got to be a gardener in his uncle's house. Then, he started to learn piano and his piano fees were RM0! Then, I don't know what has happened, because I haven't read finish.

This story is so touched. I feel the sadness and the bitterness of being the main character. He was keen in playing piano, being a successful man. It was really hard for a man who didn't have much money to learn playing piano. In the end, he became a successful pianist. 

Reflect to myself, I think I'm really blessed as I have the opportunity to have my piano lessons this year and next year too! I really have to be thankful with what I've had. Really! Just calculate the money I've used throughout the year, I must say I've used a lot of money. I bought this and that. Therefore, December is the month which I really need to be humble and stop buying things! Urgh! Just to think how much I've used for my tuition lessons and also my piano lessons. I just can't convince myself to buy anything more. 

Looking forward to the trip back to Bintulu, my hometown, I feel great. Then, I'll have a trip to Australia. I'm really excited. I tell myself not to buy clothes anymore, because I just wanna save money as I wanna do something which will let your mouth opens as big as it can be. Despite money, I've time. Yea. I don't wanna waste my time anymore, because I remember that time is more valuable than money. I'll like to offer my time reading bible and books, and of course, show my love to people around me. So, yea... 

Thanks for reading my grammar mistakes and my unreadable sentence structure. 
With love,
Elisa Jean.

p.s Currently training myself to be a muscular man! :D 50 times push- up ; 100 times crunches ; 80 times lifting legs. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment